How To: Cut Down On Suitcase Weight!
Posted on 03 October 2017
We’ve all been there - standing at the front of the baggage queue when the airport staff proceeds to tell you that your luggage is overweight and they now want to either empty some of the contents or pay a hefty excess baggage fee, by now the people in the line are now moaning and groaning and to be honest you just want the ground to open up and eat you!
But what if our Sandal Girl told you you’d never have to experience that ever again with these easy tips? Just see for yourself!
- It might seem silly but just take what you need! - 15 tees for a seven-day trip is probably a few too many, so work out what you’ll need for the length of your vacation.
- Wear your bulky or heavier items - such as sweaters, jeans or denim jackets. Not only will you save suitcase weight, but you’ll be prepared if you get chilly with the plane air-con! Some flights I have been on I have felt like I was sitting in the Arctic.
- Will you use it or might you use it? Go through all your items, and if it’s a ‘might use’ situation, ditch it!
- Buy heavy items during your trip - More likely than not, the destination you’re heading to will have shops nearby! So forget shampoo and conditioner wait until you land to buy these essentials. Think about purchasing mini bottles of toiletries so that if there are any leftovers, you can take them back home in your suitcase without too much extra weight.
- Don't forget to pack you Grandco Sandals they will take you from beach to evening!